- Founded in 1983
- Long tenured annuity market, actuarial and defined benefit plan specialists
- Helped over 2,000 organizations achieve their pension de-risking goals
- Acquired Penbridge Advisors in 2018, rebranded to BCG Pension Risk Consultants I BCG Penbridge
- Headquartered in Boston with satellite offices across the US
- DALBAR Pension Consultant Certification for fiduciary best practices
BCG Annuity Placements
Total five-year transactions over $3.7 billion
“BCG provides an integrated, one-stop solution for plan sponsors looking to address and manage the costs and risks involved in their pension programs.”
– Mike Devlin, Principal,
BCG Pension Risk Consultants | BCG Penbridge
BCG Pension Risk Consultants I BCG Penbridge (BCG) is a leading provider of cost management and de-risking consulting services for defined benefit pension plans.
Unparalleled Information & Consulting
- Independent, unbiased information and advice
- Actionable analysis for ongoing plan management, de-risking and pension risk transfer (PRT)
- Leader in defined benefit plan cost benchmarking, pension risk consulting, annuity placements and full plan terminations
- Implement solutions to meet plan objectives through a balanced, well-informed decision-making process
- Work with plan sponsors and their advisor(s) to support a well-coordinated strategy
The BCG Difference
BCG brings a totally unique and unmatched offering to our clients. We help plan sponsors objectively evaluate and implement cost management and de-risking solutions for defined benefit plans.
- De-risking solutions include liability driven investing approaches, purchasing annuities for retirees and/or pursuing full risk transfer through plan termination, as well as the strategic positioning of plan design & structure for optimal attractiveness to eventual annuity providers.
- BCG also identifies cost savings opportunities and service enhancements that can be achieved through a vendor search for one or more service providers, including the option of total defined benefit plan outsourcing.
- We work with each plan sponsor client and their advisor(s) to develop a clear, customized path to their desired endgame.
5.5% Premium over Accounting
Industry Leadership & Innovation
BCG operates the first of its kind customized buyout price monitoring service tailored to the characteristics and features of a specific plan and delivered via an interactive client portal.
BCG operates the 1st and only one-of-its-kind Defined Benefit Expense Survey and DB Expense Benchmarks Reports.
To get a handle on your DB plan's expenses, click here:
Defined Benefit Plan Services
Defined Benefit Expense Survey
BCG conducts the only industrywide survey to capture all the costs associated with maintaining a U.S. corporate defined benefit pension plan. The survey process helps sponsors to identify the full range of plan expenses and to improve plan governance and efficiency.
DB Expense Benchmarks Reports
BCG DB Expense Benchmarks Reports allow plan sponsors to compare the expenses of their plans with those of other plans that participate in the BCG Defined Benefit Expense Survey. Benchmarks Reports can identify areas where plan sponsors may look for better cost efficiency in the operation of their plans.
Vendor Price Discovery and Search
For any category in a BCG DB Expense Benchmarks Report where plan expenses appear relatively high, BCG can provide an estimate of current market pricing for services in that category. BCG can also evaluate the cost savings and service enhancements that can be achieved through a bundled services arrangement and will assist with the search for qualified providers. To learn more, Contact Us.
BCG’s PRT Analysis is ideal for plan sponsors that want to gain a better understanding of their plan’s liabilities and, correspondingly, their PRT options, expected costs, expense savings, implementation considerations, and next steps. This is the most extensive analysis BCG offers, and thus requires detailed information. To request a sample PRT Analysis, Contact Us.
Customized Buyout Price Monitoring
BCG provides customized buyout price monitoring for plan sponsors considering an annuity purchase or plan termination, as well as plan sponsors that wish to improve plan governance via comprehensive monthly monitoring.
Comprehensive Implementation Support
BCG provides comprehensive implementation services for lump sum programs, annuity placements and full plan terminations. BCG also acts as an Independent Expert in regards to Department of Labor Interpretive Bulletin 95-1.