How We Work Together
$3.4 Trillion Opportunity
Boost revenue and expand your business while helping to solve your clients define benefit (DB) pension plan needs.
Today’s DB pension plans can offer additional opportunities for advisors. In fact, assets in DB plans were $3.4 trillion at year-end 2019 (Source: Investment Company Institute website). Yet today, many advisors ignore this lucrative business.
BCG Pension Risk Consultants | BCG Penbridge (BCG) can help you tap into this underserved market and grow your business. We’ve helped create millions in new revenue for advisors who’ve partnered with us.
The BCG Difference
At BCG, we bring a totally unique and unmatched offering to the advisor channel. We help advisors win and/or retain business by objectively evaluating and implementing cost management and de-risking solutions for defined benefit plans.
These solutions include liability driven investing approaches, customized buyout price monitoring, purchasing annuities for retirees and/or pursuing full risk transfer through plan termination, as well as the strategic positioning of plan design & structure for optimal attractiveness to eventual annuity providers.
We work with each advisor to help them bring to their client a clear, customized path to their client’s desired endgame.
Partnering with BCG can help:
- Solve your client’s DB plan issues
- Strengthen your client relationships
- Increase your revenue
At BCG, we understand that your clients and prospects are just that - yours
- BCG operates as an extension of your team, providing you expertise and resources
DB plan risk management is critical
Plan sponsors need to think through their plan’s objectives and desired outcomes in the context of their asset management and liability management strategies.
At BCG, we think important actions advisors can take are as follows:
- Help your client understand the materiality of their DB Plan to their company;
- Help your client gather all the information needed to assess pension de-risking strategies and solutions;
- Help your client conduct a pension risk transfer (PRT) analysis to give them a better understanding of their plan’s liabilities and, correspondingly, their PRT options, expected costs, expense savings and implementation considerations; and
- Help your client to establish a de-risking governance framework to ensure de-risking outcomes are achieved consistent with stated objectives.
You and the plan sponsor
BCG will work with you and the plan sponsor to create and implement a manageable, step-by-step process for managing pension cost and risk. Working through advisors, over the past five years, we’ve reduced plan sponsors’ pension risk and balance sheet impact by over $3 billion.
Working together in the best interests of plan sponsors
Your clients or prospects shouldn’t have any surprises when it comes to their DB plan and its impact on their business. We’ll work collaboratively with you to:
- Identify and educate the key stakeholders;
- Put in place a de-risking strategy with measurable objectives;
- Build an asset strategy that strikes the right balance between return generation and liability matching;
- Monitor progress towards goals;
- Establish criteria for taking action when the right conditions are met; and
- Conduct periodic reviews
BCG has helped advisors, their clients and their prospects succeed since our firm’s founding in 1983. With our main office in Boston, MA and satellite offices across the country, we’re accessible to you. For more information,