- Founded in 1983
- Long tenured annuity market, actuarial and defined benefit plan specialists
- Helped over 2,500 organizations achieve their pension de-risking goals
- 100% of firm revenue comes from pension risk consulting, comprehensive implementation support and related services
- Headquartered in Boston with satellite offices across the US
- DALBAR Pension Consultant Certification for fiduciary best practices
BCG Annuity Placements
Total five-year transactions over $3.6 billion
“BCG provides an integrated, one-stop solution for plan sponsors looking to address and manage the costs and risks involved in their pension programs.”
– Mike Devlin, Principal,
BCG Pension Risk Consultants | BCG Penbridge
BCG Pension Risk Consultants I BCG Penbridge (BCG) is a leading provider of cost management and de-risking consulting services for defined benefit pension plans.
Unparalleled Information & Consulting
- Independent, unbiased information and advice
- Actionable analysis for ongoing plan management, de-risking and pension risk transfer (PRT)
- Leader in defined benefit plan cost benchmarking, pension risk consulting, annuity placements and full plan terminations
- Implementation of solutions to meet plan objectives through a balanced, well-informed decision-making process
- Support for plan sponsors and their advisor(s) to create a well-coordinated strategy
The BCG Difference
BCG brings a totally unique and unmatched offering to our clients. We help plan sponsors objectively evaluate and implement cost management and de-risking solutions for defined benefit plans.
- De-risking solutions include liability driven investing approaches, annuity purchases for retirees and/or full risk transfer through plan termination, as well as the strategic positioning of plan design & structure for optimal attractiveness to eventual annuity providers.
- BCG specializes in analysis designed to estimate plan termination funding and to identify tranches of participants that may be involved in de-risking actions for a defined benefit plan such as retiree annuity lift-outs and terminated vested lump sum offers.
- BCG provides customized buyout price monitoring to plan fiduciaries who are pursuing an LDI strategy that takes into account the future liability obligations of a DB plan, which are reasonably anticipated to include annuity purchases and lump sum payments. CBPM provides DB plans with up-to-date insight on expected liabilities, consults on the de-risking process and timing, in support of investment strategy.
- We work with each plan sponsor client and their advisor(s) to develop a clear, customized path to their desired endgame.
A Deeply Experienced Team
- 27 average years experience in defined benefit and/or annuity placement market for BCG’s senior team members.
1.7% Premium over Accounting
Industry Leadership & Innovation
BCG operates the first of its kind customized buyout price monitoring service tailored to the characteristics and features of a specific plan and delivered via an interactive client portal.
BCG operates the 1st and only one-of-its-kind Defined Benefit Expense Survey and DB Expense Benchmarks Reports.
To get a handle on your DB plan's expenses, click here:
Defined Benefit Plan Services
Defined Benefit Expense Survey
BCG conducts the only industrywide survey to capture all the costs associated with maintaining a U.S. corporate defined benefit pension plan. The survey process helps sponsors to identify the full range of plan expenses and to improve plan governance and efficiency.
DB Expense Benchmarks Reports
BCG DB Expense Benchmarks Reports allow plan sponsors to compare the expenses of their plans with those of other plans that participate in the BCG Defined Benefit Expense Survey. Benchmarks Reports can identify areas where plan sponsors may look for better cost efficiency in the operation of their plans.
Vendor Price Discovery and Search
For any category in a BCG DB Expense Benchmarks Report where plan expenses appear relatively high, BCG can provide an estimate of current market pricing for services in that category. BCG can also evaluate the cost savings and service enhancements that can be achieved through a bundled services arrangement and will assist with the search for qualified providers. To learn more, Contact Us.
PRT Analysis or Settlement Estimate
BCG’s PRT Analysis is ideal to help plan sponsors gain a better understanding of their DB plan’s liabilities, PRT options, expected costs, expense savings, implementation considerations, and next steps. A Settlement Estimate is an abridged version of the PRT Analysis providing a snapshot of a DB plan’s termination liability. To request a sample PRT Analysis or Settlement Estimate, Contact Us.
Customized Buyout Price Monitoring
BCG provides CBPM to plan fiduciaries who are pursuing an LDI strategy that takes into account the future liability obligations of a DB plan, which are reasonably anticipated to include annuity purchases and lump sum payment options. CBPM provides DB plans with up-to-date insight on expected liabilities, consults on the de-risking process and timing in support of investment strategy.
Comprehensive Implementation Support
BCG provides comprehensive implementation services for lump sum programs, annuity placements and full plan terminations. BCG also provides fulfillment services and acts as an Independent Expert in regards to DOL IB 95-1.